Thursday, June 01, 2023

Dad's Handing Off...

 

At long last, and for the last time, I am back to update the blog Renae and I started of Felix just over eighteen years ago.

Felix is set to graduate with honors from West Seattle High School and begin his collegiate studies in Bellingham, WA at Western Washington University. He plans to pursue engineering though what specifically, he has not decided. He has expressed interest in nuclear, mechanical, and most recently computer engineering. It will be interesting to come back here in ten years, as he is establishing himself, and reflect on what was going to be.

Even at his young age, Felix is one of the most considerate, critical thinkers I’ve known. I can’t recall an instance in my adult life where a teenager has caused me to reevaluate and change the way I think about something. He has developed this pure gift for reason that I’ve always admired.

Personally, and probably obviously, I’m both excited and sad at this time. It strikes me that in a few months he will be living elsewhere; I will see him only in visits. Of course, this was always the way it was going to be; this kid who has always awed me with his cleverness will become the person his decisions make him. I think his future will be very bright, but it is all his now.


And to you, Felix, some future day I suspect you will come across this. I hope I’ve been able to convey how proud I am of you and how dearly I love you.

- Dana

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Very sweet! Felix I'm proud you're my brother! Dad said it all so well